Writing Your Company’s History
While creating a website, it is very important to write about the company’s history. It will play a huge role in building up the respect and trust, and in winning the customers. Almost each and every company goes through stages of inspirations, perseverance, hard work, and sometimes, luck. So, the company’s history should be one of the key elements on the website, and it should also include some significant achievements.
Importance of Company’s History
When the businesses post their history on the website or publication, it becomes an interesting read for the customers, and they will know that the company has a strong foundation. In fact, some of the companies also convert their corporate story in the form of a book publication, and present them to the employees and others. The corporate milestones, presented in ‘About Us’ page, can become the basis for the brand. The company’s history should include information such as, why the company was started, major turning points, inspirations, brief profile of the people behind the company, etc.
Give a Professional Touch
All this information should be presented in a delightful manner, which will make it appealing to the customers. And, for that, one should check out the professional service providers, who can help in writing the history. When you go for the professional writing services, they will study the background of the company, and weave out the magical words, and write in an amazingly professional manner. In fact, you can also check out the various websites, and find out how they have presented their company’s history.
Whatever be the content, the presentation is also quite important. So, even though, you might have the entire company’s history in your mind, if you don’t present it well, the customer might not even read it. While presenting the content, one should try to dig out the company’s highlights, and present it with zeal. When you explain the company’s achievements, it should look like the best thing to have ever happened. In fact, one can also take interviews of employees and the satisfied users, who can give an insight into the company’s growth. Another way of presentation is by creating a timeline. All the events should be recorded in the timeline. You can also post photographs, illustrating the company’s history.
The company’s history can act as a marketing tool, and should be presented in the right manner. Take professional help so that your company’s history looks magnificent, and great.
from Market Writer
The Three Most Important Elements of Book Design
What do you think is the most important aspect of book publishing? While most of us would say that it is “writing good content”, there are also other important things, which make a book sell. And, this includes the designing of the books, and marketing them. Even though, some books have great content, if their book designing is not good, it might be tough to sell them in the market.
Due to this, more and more importance is given to the designing, after writing. Book designing incorporates the style, content, design and format of all the components into a book. And, time and efforts need to be put on all these aspects.
So, what are the three most important elements of book design?
1. Book Structure: This includes the front matter, back matter and the body. The front matter is the smallest section of the book, and the pages are usually numbered in Roman numerals. Most of the books are divided into different chapters, while some of them have chapters with sections, as well. The first page of the book, contains initials and special design features. The back matter contains epilogue, in the narrators’ voice, afterword, and a conclusion.
2. The Printed Page: The layout of the book is carefully designed, with the font style and size, and with single or double spacing. The quality of the page is also important, and the gum is to be carefully considered. Another aspect of the printed page is the gutter, which is bound at the spine. There should be enough space, in the book’s spine, so that the text is visible.
3. The Cover: The front cover of the book has some images or graphics, along with the title and the author’s name. It is the first thing, which makes an impression on the reader’s mind, and makes him pick up a book. So, the front cover designing should be carefully done. The back cover contains the biographical content of the author. It also contains some quotes and news sources, who have appreciated the book. The book cover can also contain a brief summary of the book.
These were the three most important elements of book design. Once the content writing is done, and designing is complete, the book publishing will take place. The publisher should not adopt any shortcuts, when it comes to designing of books, as it will have a direct impact on the sales.
from Market Writer
What to Expect from a Book Editor?
Every writer’s dream is to get his book published by the best publisher. Even though, there are many publishers around, a good publisher would take a good amount of time in checking out the content, re-design it, if necessary, and will only then publish it. When, the book goes through a fool-proof process of editing, proofreading, and copy-editing, the finished product would be a bestseller, don’t you agree?
Publishing houses recruit some experienced and skilled editors, who are made responsible for the books. An editor will have a team of researchers, proof-readers and copy-editors, who would go through the book minutely, and give some suggestions for improvement. These suggestions could include inputs on the content, layout, designing, and other things. So, it is one of the most important process, and requires a very good editor at the helm. He helps in giving a shape to the book.
So, what can you expect from the book editor?
· A personal rapport and a sense of mutual trust: This is one of the most important attributes. If the editor is professional, and also shares a personal rapport, the author will feel comfortable in interacting with him. And, a sense of mutual trust will automatically develop, which will help the writer to come out with his best.
· Helpful Suggestions and corrections: An editor is not supposed to blindly accept the book. He has to delve deep, and give some useful suggestions and corrections to the authors. A good book will always be free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, and would have undergone a thorough research, and would be relevant to the subject.
· Quick Responses: While some editors simply sit on the book, and concentrate on various other books at the same time, it would be a good thing to give out quick responses. This would be helpful for the author to take the corrective actions immediately. There is no point in delaying a book, as it would impact the market. If a technical book comes out late, it will lose all its value.
Well, these are some of the attributes, which one can expect from the book editor. So, if you are a new talented writer, and are looking out for a good Publishing company, then, Word Branch Publishing can give you the best solution. The company believes in giving a chance to the emerging authors, and help them in making their voices heard. The company does the editing, writing and publishing for companies, as well as for individual writers.
The WordWeb Blog brings to you information, tips, trivia and more about writing, reading, editing and books written by experts in the field.